19 August 2012

Mighty Max's "Make a Monster card"

It was Pete's nephew's 6th birthday today & I ended up buying him glow in the dark monsters & colouring books to match,  so I thought it must be time to ink up that Make a Monster stamp set I bought ages ago & I also wanted to play along with this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge.

 I was glad to have the sketch to work with as it made it much easier to make the card. Though I couldn't do scallops as it was for a boy so I tore the 2nd layer to make it more masculine!


Stamp sets: Make a Monster, Party this Way (retired)
Ink: Stazon Black, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, Versamark
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Watercolor
Punches: Scallop Oval, Large Star (retired), Small Star (retired)
Other: ICE Irridescent embossing powder, Brights brads, Timeless Type Alphabet Jr. (retired), dimensionals, blender pen, spritzer, cutter tool kit
Techniques: Easel card, Watercolouring with marker pens

Inside of the card

Well the possibilities are endless for the possibilities of what your monster can look like, so hopefully I'll play with it again real soon! $50.95 wood mounted set or $40.95 for a clear mounted set. So an awful lot of fun for a very reasonable price.

Well if you have some time play along with the Challenge or definitely pop in & see what everyone comes up with - which is always the coolest thing about challenges. UPDATE 25/8: I made the TOP 3 - how exciting is that!!!

Thanks for poppin' in & hope your weekend is going as well as mine :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow - what a cool card. Oh to be 6 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula the best thing about children's birthday parties is always the cheerios - love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Karen, I bet the birthday boy loved his card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure do cute kids cards - this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen this is a fantastic kids card! Great colouring too!

    I also love to match the card to the present. Although, sometimes I look for the present after I have already decided what stamp set I am going to use for the card..

    Thanks for joining us this week at the Simply Stampin' Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fab easel card Karen - perfect for a 6 year old boy! Great idea to tear paper instead of make scallops!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Simply Stampin' and I hope you join us again soon!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun card Karen, love all the detail and the fab colouring in! Thanks for playing along with this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Karen on making the Top 3 at Simply Stampin' Challenge this week! Pop on over and grab the banner for your side bar! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen