13 January 2017

More Christmas Elves

This was my card design this year & I just loved colouring up the My Favorite Things BB Santa's Elves, (apparently BB = Birdie Brown).



I tried to colour up every elf in a different colour combo so every recipient got their own unique elf from me but then it was OMG when I went to die cut them out, being an older set the die was a solid image & even though I thought I had lined the image up properly I'd lose a bit of his ear or bell :(



I was just about in tears as I had spent days colouring them up. I wish I had asked on the MFT page in Facebook before cutting them all out as the answer was so easy. With the older style solid dies you actually cut out on a spare piece of thick card stock the shape, then you place that over your coloured up image then put the die in & run all through the die cutting machine. It wasn't hard when you knew how but a few of the elves that were too wonky ended up on Christmas tags. Catherine Pooler has done a YouTube video if you want to see what I'm talking about.




It was an easy design once you knew how to die-cut out your elves, I just used up corresponding bits of left over DSP for the background circle. I made banners using again scraps of card stock. The sentiment is from an Avery Elle stamp Retro Ornaments.

I'll list the Copic Combos starting at the top LHS for the elves' hats & jackets.
Yellow: Y11, Y15, Y19
Orange: YR21, YR15, YR68
Teal Blue: BG10, BG11, BG13, BG49
Blue: B00, B04, B06
Violet: V12, V15, V17
Green: YG03, YG17, YG67
Red: R24, R46, R39
Darker blue: B32, B24, B28

I used my gold Wink of Stella for the wee bell and a clear one for the hat fur.

It's making me feel all Christmasy-again looking at my wee elves they are just so adorable. I'll share another design I created with the set in the next day or two.

Thanks for popping in.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen