8 October 2007

Aunty Winnie's Apricot Slice

What would a gathering of friends be without FOOD; as requested by all attending WCMD here's the recipe:
  • Soak 1 cup dried apricots in boiling water until soft; drain well.
  • Cream 8 oz butter and 1 cup sugar
  • Beat in 2 eggs
  • Sift & add 3 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder & a pinch of salt
  • Add drained apricots. Mix well
Put in a flat tin & bake 325oF/160oC for 30 minutes.

ICING: Boil 3 Tbsp milk & 3 Tbsp butter & 1-2 Tbsp sugar for ~2 minutes. Cool slightly and add lots of vanilla essence, touch of lemon juice & enough icing sugar to make a spreadable consistency. Ice slice whilst fairly warm, cut into squares when nearly cold.

ENJOY!!


3 comments:

  1. I will definately give these a try! When you are cooking in November, invite me over!!! u r the best!

    xoxoxo
    jacque
    www.stamphappynz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, yes they were extremely yummy. Think I'll have a go at making some. If you really do have an Aunty Winnie tell her thanks from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Aunty Winnie was a lovely lady who I spent most of my school holidays with in Huntly. She taught me to cook (which think I can do) & to crochet & knit (neither of which I can still do). PS her real name was Hilda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen