31 January 2008

Finally a reason to be creative



Wow since returning from my wee holiday to Whangamata I've been busy preparing for the Auckland Extravaganza next week - have I stamped & cut (& still not quite there yet but close). I didn't know that stamping was an exercise until now, but let me assure you I've sweated for you plus my shoulder & right thumb aches.

So I was delighted that my friend Jackie was free yesterday to join me for afternoon tea. She celebrated her birthday whilst I was away so this gave me a chance to play with stamps & bake (another passion of mine). As I'd missed the real event I just wanted a wee decorative container/bag to put in a few movie tickets (talk about a hoot she actually gave me a "boring" envelope with two in too as my Chrissie pressie at the same time).

In class last year I'd learnt to make a bag-a-lope - a decorative bag made out of a plain white envelope & completely forgot how to do it. So I Googled the term - I love Google!! It's so easy can't believe I could have forgotten how - so as I'm so kind to you I have made a bag-a-lope tutorial

Inspiration was taken from the original bag-a-lope I learnt to make using the Petals stampin' around wheel & Polka Dots & Paisley both of which were in our Spring Mini Catalogue & a lovely card my fantastic upline Jacque gave us all at Christmas - she used two of the FREE sets that are available as part of Sale-A-Bration at the moment - Friendship Blooms and Lots of Thoughts.

So I still used the same wheel for the background with Certainly Celery ink. Embossed the largest flower on Pretty in Pink cardstock with white & then added the highlights as "per Jacque" with my white Signo gel pen (the bestest & whitest - says me who has a few other models that are hopeless - yes one learns through one's mistakes). Crystal Effects & clear microbeads added to centre of flower to add pizazz - all cut out & mounted on Whisper White with the flourish from Friendship Blooms stamped randomly in the background. Then mounted on Bashful blue.

I made a little flap for the top & used the Cheers to You & It's Your Special Day sayings from Lots of Thoughts & then stamped a wee flower from the Friendship Blooms set again. A bit of pink grosgrain ribbon, a few dimensionals & all done. Much prettier than a "boring envelope" & so easy.

And by the way the Upside Down Blueberry & Apricot Cake wasn't bad either. Cheers for now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen