6 November 2008

Hopefully it's still Wednesday in America

I know the USA is behind us (in time) & thought we'd been given an extra day BUT in reality Janet posted the SBS challenge #4 a day earlier, not that we could post our entries a day late. I think they close on a Wednesday, which is why I hope it's still Wednesday in America even though it's Thursday in NZ.

Well to cut a long story short the latest challenge from my blogging sister Janet was to create a birthday card with 2 embellishments on it - tough eh!! We got an extra point if we used her colour combo of Real Rust, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black & Old Olive. You can see Janet's card HERE.

Well in my very limited crafting time this week I could not get this combo to work but have used 2 of the 4 colours, 2 embellishments (ribbon & silver brads) & eek last stuff up - nearly a birthday card, though sure I can push the boundary with the saying friendship.

So I may be late & may be got 3/4 of the challenge requirements but it was a quickie & I've blogged another day.


Stamp set/s: Petal Prints, Wonderful Words
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Blush Blossom, Old Olive marker
Card stock:Elegant Eggplant, Blush Blossom, Very Vanilla
Other: Silver brads, dimensionals, 1/2" circle punch for ticket corners, olive organza - retired :-(


CYA all tomorrow - happy stampin' until then.

7 comments:

  1. Hee hee, I got confused by the extra day bit too. Never mind, nice card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love it.
    Hugs Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even try to work out the time zone thing!! Am just happy to look at everyone else's creations - and this is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely simple and elegant card. Hey at least you attempted the challenge - I haven't found time to do any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol The time difference is why I get confused with the deadlines too. Your card is gorgeous!!!

    I gave you an award. Check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty card!! :) thanks for playing!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a gorgeous card Karen. I was late with my card too and forgot to use the correct colours so you were closer than I at getting the challenge correct.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen