27 February 2009

KWerner Challenge 43

Kristina's latest challenge was harder than normal as there were so many colours! I know never happy!


Not sure why but I thought I'd play with Ahoy Matey for it (red & blue was my light bulb moment for a sailor's top) & it didn't turn out how I thought it would but I think a wee boy would love one of these cards for their birthday or any day who that matter.

Stampin Up and Ahoy Matey
Stamp set: Ahoy Matey, Matey's Map (wheel), Cheesecloth BG (retired)
Ink: Basic Brown, Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip (for sponging)
Watercolour crayons: Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Old Olive
Paper: Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Watercolour paper
Other: Aquapainter, Cutter tool, dimensionals, sponge dauber, vintage brads

Thanks Kristina for pushing me outside my comfort zone yet again!

16 comments:

  1. Great job with the colour challenge Karen! Must get around to mounting that stamp set myself, thanks for the reminder! Drive carefully this weekend if you're heading south, supposed to be a lot of rain so take it easy. We don't need another car accident in the team...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fabulous job with the colors! What a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness so many fabulous DP projects. Really. They are all so fabulous! And you did a super job on the color challenge. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this card is so neat. Love everything about it. Yep Racheal.. gloomy and raining here in Taranaki.. great stamping weather me thinks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen this looks simply adorable fantastic job on the challenge!! keep safe and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE card! I love this set and haven't used it in foreva! You've inspired me to pull it out again! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this card turned out great!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card! This pirate is so cute. Your colouring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute image! Your card is gorgeous!
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your take on the challenge is really great! I love this set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your kind comment. And your little pirate is just so cute. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ARRRRR Matey, that's a cute card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this card. You've done well with the color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your card, great use of the colours! thanks you for your comments on mine. also stopped in (accidently) on your recipes blog and LOVED what I saw!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen