6 June 2009

Take 3 kg of bath salts....

and hopefully provide a soothing bath after a hard day of training!


Today's demo swap theme is something suitable for a workshop i.e. simple. A few of the team were struggling with how to do simple when I suggested this theme so will be interesting to see how they all went.

Pam Morgan at our recent convention made this topper for chocolates. I've created her topper minus the chocolates & had a go at making Baja Breeze bath salts. She also white embossed her words but for simplicity & ease I've just stamped mine.


Stamp set: Pocket Silhouettes
Ink: Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Sahara Sand, Kiwi Kiss
Other: Scallop edge punch, Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, cellophane bags, Snail adhesive, stapler

How to make my bath salts, well I googled homemade bath salts & wow what a lot & all slightly different, so this is my take on what I read. All bought at my local Pak n' Save store.

1.5 kg of Epsom Salts
1 kg of sea salt
0.5 kg baking soda
50ml glycerine
~10 drops of blue food colouring
~10 drops of essential oil


Enough for about 35 bags worth, here's my stock pot full:


I have soaked in them & nearly fall asleep in the bath (tick) & my skin was lovely (tick), so have a go, what an easy present!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, what a wonderful idea, especially in the middle of winter when all you feel like doing is soaking in a hot bath m m m m m
    The toppers look great, definitely on my to do list. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! YOU ROCK!This is so darned clever and adorable. Really. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an awesome idea, SU! coloured bath salts! You are a clever chicky, And what an awesome gift, don't know if it's possible, but I was trying to think of something that could be used in lieu of chocky's/sweets as I'm sure getting sick of just giving candy treaties!
    I will definatly be trying this one! BTW, where do you get these ingredioents, especially the salts, in a large quantity, cheaply?

    Kindest Regards, Lisa Green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Karen. We are in need of gift ideas at the moment so will have to keep this one in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for little Thank you gifts. Thanks so much very giving us the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 06, 2009

    Thanks for the great recipe Karen, what a lovely gift this would make. It looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo!! I can't wait to get mine and try them out!! I need them TODAY after the hard day I've had - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Can you tell me whether the glycerine is a liquid? Did you just mix it all up and voilia you have the bath salts?
    Thanks heaps

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen