22 July 2009

The card that never ends

This is a cool project & it certainly gets a lot of ohhh - there seems to be a lot of different versions on the web but this is my compilation of them all and is what my upline Jacque taught me - reading them all, this is supposed to be the "easiest way".

You need 4 pieces of 6x3" card stock, which you score at 1-½" & 4-½" vertically & also at 1-½" horizontally. Loosen the score lines gently.

Butt 2 pieces of the card stock with the central score line lying horizontally - it should look like a 6x6" square. Add lots & lots of adhesive to the 4 corners. Then overlay on top exactly the other 2 pieces of card stock with their middle score lines lying in a different orientation. I hope the diagram below is explanatory.
To me the trick to make the never ending card move/never end is to fold back the behind piece - it should look like a H.
I've then decorated as below. Confused come to a class at my house in August (date & time to be announced) & see how easy it really is.

This is the front of the card:


This is the first opening:
This is the 2nd opening:
And the "backside":
Stamp set: Cheep Talk
Paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Ink: Kiwi Kiss
Stampin' Markers: Taken With Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip

9 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 22, 2009

    Wow Karen how creative! I love all the papers you used! awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Incredibly cool. I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the never ending card, the papers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting project!!! Very, very nice! Great job! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved making my never ending card it was sooooo much fun. Time consuming but fun. Love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply adorable! Great paper to use for this project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look so cool Karen! I have tried (and failed miserably) to make one of these - it just kept catching... shame I can't come to your class and learn how to perfect the art!
    Have a great night.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks intriguing - really looking forward to doing this class in August with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a cool card! Thanks for the instructions, I'll have to have a go :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen