2 March 2010

Another gable box

On my last post I shared the gable box I swapped with my team the WOW paperKRafters on Sunday - at the training afternoon - in reality goss, laughter, swaps, crafting, eating & drinking. This one was a little rushed as my mum was back in hospital & I wanted to visit her - she's going home tomorrow :-)  If you'd like to join us next month or would like to know more do read my FAQs about becoming a demonstrator. We do have a load of FUN!


I thought no point just giving them a swap I'd better demonstrate how to make one for themselves - this was thrown together with the card stock & the stamp sets on my craft desk and I really love it!

Stamp sets: Baroque Motifs, Retro Remix wheel (summer mini)
Ink: So Saffron, More Mustard - these two are "dynamic duos according to the SU! Colour Coach wheel
Paper: So Saffron, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Punches: Wide oval, large oval, scallop oval
Other: So Saffron striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

I love the grungy look I achieved by dragging the paper in the ink pad. In reality I was running out of time to grab a sponge or a dauber!

7 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Karen. I must have a go at making one...or more :0). Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a great idea dragging the ink pad over your card instead of sponging. It certainly gives it a more rustic look. Like it, thanks Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Karen! Must try that colour combo its gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why it is that I have only just discovered your blog .. but I just wanted to say that I love your work! These gable boxes are gorgeous and I love the effect that the inkpad has given to the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous box IRL. I love the shabby chic look!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grunge or not, I really like it. The colours look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, how you been? Great I hope, looks like you are keeping busy. Sorry your mom has been back in the hospital though. I really dig the gable boxes, think I am gonna hit up SCS and make some of my own, thanks for the inspiration. Hugs to you, Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen