28 January 2013

Is Feeling Sentimental the favourite SAB set??


What's your favourite Sale-a-bration stamp set??  It looks like Feeling Sentimental was the early winner in my team as 19 demos swapped cards & 8/19 used this set for our swaps - after receiving my swaps I've changed my mind as to what I like the best but that'll be another post. I've already blogged my swap so here's the other  seven I received. Their names should be linked to there blogs if they have a blog.

First off was from the lovely Lisa Bullock who sent me my own special card as organiser - unfortunately she didn't send enough of the real swap for me to receive one of them but loved my own special card - many thanks Lisa. She's also used one of the SAB freebies, a Sycamore Street Tangerine Tango button on the card.


Then this card is just incredible Vivienne Jones has really made the police box look like a TARDIS flying through space. She's used Illuminate ink & the Outer Space jumbo wheel to create the galaxy & I can assure you this picture does not do the card justice - it's amazing in real life.


One of the first cards I received in the letter box (isn't receiving hand-made cards like Christmas) was from Vanita Hurbuns & I really liked her take on making it vintage with the addition of First Edition DSP & some tearing.


Isn't this a fun card from Irene Wardlaw (who doesn't seem to have a blog), she's also added some of the SAB DSP & buttons (Sycamore Street) which you can also earn for free if none of the stamp sets rock your world. Just love the colour combo - I've always said that SU! DSP is the best colour combo creator - doesn't it look bright & cheerful. The predominant colours are Tangerine Tango & Rich Razzleberry.


Then another vintage card from Delys Cram & she was very kind & snuck in a paper doily (which we have in our new Seasonal catalogue for purchase come February 1st) plus she's used Sycamore Street ribbon & the Vine Street embossing folder on the background - both of these are exclusive to SAB & you can earn them for FREE for every $120 you spend.


Then Christine Palmer (also no blog) created a geometric delight with framelits, the Chevron EF, & the Penny Farthing image. Great masculine card Christine.


Last but not least Ria Kaire (also no blog) - a fabulous brayered & masked card - love the colour combo too Ria. Real Red, Bashful Blue, Gumball Green & Sahara Sand - doesn't this make you feel you're at the seaside & the fair has just come to town. Yep I'm Feeling Sentimental with this card. She's also used the word form another SAB set Blooming Marvelous (and it really is blooming marvelous)



Well hope you enjoyed seeing all of these & we've inspired you to want your own set. Must admit that's the most fun thing about demo swaps is you all have the same stamp set & yet the cards as you can see are all so different.

For those of us in the northern aspects of NZ happy anniversary day - hope yours is going well - I am moving my craft room to a bigger room in the house & knew it was going to be mammoth so hope I don't get lost amongst it all.

Thanks for poppin' in.




1 comment:

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen