25 February 2013

Just a simple hello


This was the card design I came up with to embody all the new & wonderful goodies we have in the new Seasonal Catalogue - I was a bit worried as I went over board and managed to incorporate a lot on one card but I really like it.

I wanted to include the following :
Honeycomb embossing folder which is fab
Tea Lace paper doilies (24 for $5.95 & you can use segments of them so a little will go a long way)
Flower trim (1.8m approx. 100 flowers for $14.50)
Ovals Collection framelits
Oh, Hello stamp set
Tea for Two DSP
Hearts a Flutter framelits
Borders scoring plate


My colour combo came from the Tea for Two DSP, my flowers I dyed with a few drops of So Saffron re-inker & some rubbing alcohol so they would dry faster, my doily I stamped on with So Saffron & Calypso Coral ink as it was too white for my liking. The wee banners I just feed in a 1" strip of DSP with the top of it over the framelit so I could make them various lengths - I scored the banners a few mm & then attached them to the Calypso Coral baker's twine with mini glue dots. I stamped off the chevron oval stamp which I had inked up with So Saffron once too.



Recipe:
Stamp set: Oh, Hello
Ink: So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade marker, Calypso Coral marker, Early Espresso marker
Paper: Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Tea for Two DSP, Tea Lace paper doilies
Other: Flower Trim, Calypso Coral baker's twine, basic pearls, Ovals Collection framelits, mini glue dots,
Hearts a Flutter framelits, Borders scoring plate


Inside the card:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen