26 September 2015

Art Journalling 101



Or in my case 001!! I spent a fabulous weekend early in September with the very talented Limor Webber from Canada learning to paint like an artist & created 2 fab canvases & a scrapbook page which in my eyes is like a work of art. Then came Sunday & art journalling class - to put it mildly I absolutely sucked at it.

To create the pages we sprayed with the new Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays colours; neon grafitti & something that sounded like diva-something colour but they were very luscious, vibrant & the Starburst ones were very sparkly! Step (2) dry with our heat guns; (3) then free-hand cutting in a pattern (waves in my case), (4) followed by random stamping & (5)sticking back down  & (6) then we had to scribble with a journalling pen & a white Signo gel pen to make it pop.




These are the only 2 pages I am happy to share as I liked them a lot, my ability to art journal went downhill rapidly after this. So I was really pleased when  Fiona Caldwell suggested we meet once a month for a show n' tell as I have heaps of room to improve so I can graduate up to 101.

This month's theme is SPRING & the big reveal is on Monday - so I made a nice wee space in the garage this morning as this mixed media stuff is real messy & started on my Spring page (even if I say so myself my double page is looking fab!!). As you can see in my wee tray I don't really have that many supplies yet!



 So tune back in on Tuesday for the Spring-page reveal.

Inky wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen