22 January 2017

So, so in love with Beautiful You


I went to a  launch party at my friend Debbie Lamb's place last Sunday & got to play with the new stamp set Beautiful You which I think is the most pinned stamp set on Pinterest from the new Occasions Catalogue from Stampin' Up!

 I also got to play with the new watercolour pencils from SU! I was going to resist buying them as I thought I could colour the girl with my Copics when I got my own stamp set. That was a great theory until I tried them, thanks Debbie!!

 I am no expert at watercolouring pencils but was blown away by how creamy they were & so easy to use. We just scribbled on a bit of colour & then using an aqua painter pulled the colour out I went back in when it dried & added a bit more depth of colour at the sides & folds.

The skirt is just a splodgey stamp in the set, so a really quick & easy card to whip up which was just as well as the ladies in attendance were so busy chatting about Christmas & New Year we nearly forgot to make our free make n' take but I think we all whipped one out in 15 mins easily.

The DSP used is also one of the freebies from the Sale-a-bration (SAB) catalogue. I do love SAB as for every $110 I spend I get something free, and who doesn't love free ;)

Recipe (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamp set: Beautiful You
Ink: Stazon Black, Calypso Coral pad & watercolour pencil
Paper: Whisper White, Carried Away DSP (SAB)
Other: Aquapainter, dimensionals

Thanks Debbie for a fun & happy afternoon chatting with a wee bit of crafting thrown in.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen