12 May 2017

Lesley's Polaroid Card for Mother's Day


Hi everyone Mother's day is looming fast & I decided this year for Pete's mum we'd give her this fabulous "Polaroid" card that Lesley Stewart designed & taught to me at an Extravaganza with Sally Williams. It's one of those cards that is so fabulous that it can can only go to a special person.

I'm guessing Lesley called it a Polaroid card as we're looking through a window. As Lesley & Sally are both SU! demonstrators all products used on the card are Stampin' Up!

Recipe:
Stamp sets: Flower Ship, Petite Petals, Dictionary, Gorgeous Grunge, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper: Naturals White, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Gold Foil
Punches: Pansy, Petite Petals, Itty Bitty Butterfly, Bird Builder
Other: Square framelits, gold metallic baker's twine, dimensional, basic pearls, acetate

The Polaroid frame was made with a piece of Natural White card stock measuring 10 x 8 cm & the 2" square framelit was cut from the top of this mat to leave approx. a 1.5 cm border on the "top" 3 sides. The gold foil was 6.5 x 6.5 cm square and again the 2" square framelit cut out the middle of the gold foil. The Dictionary stamp was stamped on a square 6.5 cm of Naturals White with Crumb Cake ink.

A lot of the products used in this card are retired from SU! now but I'm sure we all have something similar in our craft rooms. I certainly think having the flowers on the lovely Polaroid window really adds a touch of WOW so thanks Lesley for such a fab design I'm sure Pete's mum will love it!

So a Happy Mother's day to all our mums - I know I'll be thinking about my mum, this will be the 5th Mother's Day without her.

✿ Karen ✿

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Karen. I did not realise we don't live too far from each other... I'm on the North Shore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. I bet she absolutely loved it. I really like thd print background it sets the flowers off perfectly. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful. I bet she absolutely loved it. I really like thd print background it sets the flowers off perfectly. Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen